Purpose of the Legacy Fund
The purpose of the Legacy Fund is to ensure the future of the ministry and mission of Buckingham Presbyterian Church. The funds are invested through The Presbyterian Foundation and through other investments as selected by the Finance Committee and approved by the Session. The income produced through these investments are restricted to use for:
• Facilities Improvement or Maintenance
Allocation of Funds
The funds are evenly divided among the three purposes of the funds, facilities improvement or maintenance, ministries of worship, Christian education, music, and projects at the discretion of the Session, and mission projects. Once the account balance reaches $150,000.00, earnings may be distributed for use.
You Can Make a Difference
Your contribution, regardless how large or small, makes a difference! Jesus recognized that a small amount given by a widow (“the widow’s mite,” Luke 21:1-4) who had very little was more than the amounts given by the wealthy! Whatever the amount of your “widow’s mite” contribution, you are making a difference to sustain the future ministry of Buckingham Presbyterian Church! Will you make a difference today? A gift of any size is significant.
WAYS TO MAKE A LEGACY GIFT
• Make a cash contribution
• Make a codicil to your will leaving 10% of your estate to Buckingham Presbyterian Church (a final tithe)
• Donate stock, bonds or real estate and property (contact the church office or Stewardship Committee chair for details)
• Make an IRA contributions to the church
• Make an Insurance beneficiary gift to the church
• Designate BPC as “pay on death” (POD) recipient on your checking and/or savings account
• Make a tax qualified contribution from your retirement account (satisfies RMD)
Note: Check with your tax advisor on possible tax benefits to you.
The world asks, “What does a man own?” Christ asks , “How does he use it?”
Andrew Murray (1828-1917) Evangelist
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father.